The Page About Us
About Surfer Sam and Friends, Up Close and Personal!
So you come to this page wanting to know what Surfer Sam is about? Well, I'll tell you. We started this website because we wanted to find out how the web worked. We tinkered with our web pages like you work on your car. Like you play basketball even when it's too dark to see the hoop. We started sharing the jokes that make us laugh. Instead of e-mailing our jokes back and forth, the jokes got written up on our pages.
Somewhere along the way, we found our voices. We found things we want to say to the world. We cared about stuff. And we became good friends.
You and us, we are not strangers. We are mostly about a passion for life. The snake sheds its skin. The moon sheds its shadow. Who are we to judge the world? We celebrate the experience of being alive. We believe the best things in life aren't things.
We're pleasantly surprised by all the interest in our website. But we're not going to worry about it. Not at all. So if you're tired of surfing the net without a board, hang out with us. We're glad you're here.
- "Not a bad role to play." --Sarah Bernhardt
"In what other field can one succeed and yet wallow in the grossest
ignorance of Greek?" --William James
- "They always have food at their meetings." --Ivan Pavlov
- "No pigeon poop in their labs." --B.F. Skinner
- "They all have we-ness envy." --Sigmund Freud
- "It's just a stage people go through." --Dr. Spock
- "I cannot imagine a higher pursuit than theirs." --Mother Teresa
- "They got a great network." --Tim Berners Lee
- "Play it again, Sam." --Humphrey Bogart
Even the still wind has a voice. --Navajo saying
- A merry heart doeth good like a medicine. But a broken spirit drieth the bones. --Proverbs
- In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And when you look at the sky at night, it shall be as if all the stars are laughing. --The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- The man who lives free from folly is not so wise as he thinks. -- La Rochefoucauld
- Laughter is the shortest distance between two people. -- Victor Borge
- From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere. -- Dr. Seuss