17 Opportunities to Start Your Own New Small Business
One of Them is Just Right for You
Do you dream of owning your own business? Learn more about the opportunities that make it possible to start your own new small business. Are you hungry to be on your own, to be self-sustaining, to make your own decisions, to take pride in what you’re doing and to own something? Do you want to say, “I’ve worked hard for this, and it’s mine?” Here are many new small business opportunities for enthusiastic entrepreneurs to make their fortunes, or at the very least, a good living. You can take charge of your future and build exceptional wealth and long-term equity through opportunities like these. You have the talent, drive and ambition to run your own business. You already know more than you think you do. As Aristotle said, “Become by doing.”
You really can build a reliable business and leave the corporate world behind. Stop punching a timecard. When you are self-employed, you will have more leisure for what’s important. You'll enjoy the lifestyle you deserve. By starting your own new small business, you will be able to build job security and a stable income stream for yourself and your family. You will, quite literally, change your life. Seize the opportunity. Here are 17 opportunities to start a new small business. One of them is just right for you.
17 Opportunities to Start a New Small Business
Custom Closet Crafters Home-owners want the efficiency and looks of an organized closet with double-hung rods, cabinets and cubbyholes. With basic tools and simple construction skills, you can install upscale closet fixtures. The hardware is available at your big-box home improvement store. California Closets made a national business from this concept, but there’s plenty of room for you to start your own new small business.
- Housecleaning Service Householders simply do not have the time to keep the home clean. They want to delegate that responsibility to someone trustworthy and reliable. This is a fragmented business niche populated mostly by hit-or-miss cleaners.
- Household and Store Security New laminates can be applied to window glass to transform windows into a virtually impenetrable barrier. Remember when glass block windows started becoming popular? Here’s an easy-to-do service with an undeniable sales hook, the security of a family.
- Decorated Concrete Pavement A spray-on system will transform plain-Jane concrete pavement to a decorative asset. This is a low-cost high-impact home-improvement that is becoming an important feature in the exclusive neighborhoods. The service is easy to learn and easy to sell. You start your own new small business with this concept.
- Fitness and Weight Loss Club Americans have become obese. Help people feel better, lose some inches and pounds and become more energetic. You can feel good about what you are doing and give something to the community. With a personal trainer to keep things hopping while you build the business, there are opportunities for a membership-based club in almost every town.
- Child Care While both parents are working, their young children need care. Your natural love of children will guide you into this desirable, high-paying field. By offering early classes in music, language, karate and dance, you can save parents the time they spend chauffeuring, too.
- Sandwich shops The average sandwich shop can bring in more than $300,000 a year. A few good sandwich ideas, a location with good traffic, coupled with dedication, can bring you into the fast food market. Plan, work hard and seize the opportunity to start your own new small business.
- Resale shops for clothing, toys and books Your sense of style, your love of books, your knowledge of toys will be an asset. Shops accept gently used merchandise on consignment, so they do not make a large investment in inventory. When an item sells, you pay the consigner.
- Massage Spa The lure and luxury of a relaxing, soothing massage has become a healthy necessity for overworked stressed-out people. You can offer professional, therapeutic massages in a membership club setting. Training in massage is offered in short-term classes. There is a large unmet demand for massage services in a lucrative market.
- Bio-fuels The conversion of restaurant vegetable oil waste into automotive fuel and engine fuel is a nascent industry with unfathomable opportunities. Put together the pieces of the puzzle and provide your community with an ecologically friendly solution to the energy problem. This is a green, planet friendly opportunity to start your own new small business.
- Scrap metal The escalating price for scrap metal, whether it’s copper, gold, silver, or other metals, is creating new business opportunities. The metals recycling is a business with lots of grow-room for the hard-working entrepreneur.
- Staffing Industry By providing staffing support and HR services to corporate clients, you match job seekers with employment positions. There are skills which are in high demand, like nursing and health care. And skilled people are always in demand in every company. Your people skills will be an important asset in this small business opportunity.
- Gourmet foods The demand for unusual, exotic and good-tasting foods is never satisfied. Whether your specialty is candy, baked goods, fruit baskets, salad dressing, tomato sauce or frozen meals, there’s room for you in this new small business. If you make it, they will come.
- Lawn care There are 30 million acres of turf grass in the country, but only a small percentage is cared for professionally. Tap into the property owner’s need for landscaping service and groundskeepers, both residential and commercial. There are acres of opportunity out there.
- Pet Hotel Pets are often treated like members of the family. These cherished pets need day care, exercise and boarding facilities in a warm, safe environment. If you love animals, you can be the caretaker that pet owners seek out and rely on. You can start your own new small pet care business.
- Retail sales If you can buy a product for $2 and sell it for $6, you’ll go a long way in this world. Specialty products for cleaning, tools, kitchen appliances, and many more offer you the potential for a growth sales business.
- Franchises When you buy a franchise, it comes with training, site selection, proven business plan and national advertising. You provide the enthusiasm and hard work. In return, your business grows with the franchise company. The top 10 franchises are Subway, Dunkin’ Donuts, Jackson Hewitt Tax Service, 7-Eleven, The UPS Store, Domino’s Pizza, Jiffy Lube, Sonic Drive In Restaurants, McDonald’s and Papa John’s.
I hope life brings you much success. I wish you a very happy day.
----- The Life Coach
Thanks for sharing! You make good things happen.
Free and Easy
How To Do It Articles - Health, Money,
Success, Investing, Business, Happiness,Technology, Music, Books, Biography,Celebrities