12 Free Ways to Save Money When You Buy Car Insurance
Lower Premiums, Snapshot, Minimum Coverage, Comprehensive, Deductible, More
Here are 12 free discounts you can get when you buy car insurance. Car insurance is required in most states. Car insurance covers much of the expense when your car is involved in a collision, including property damage, damage to cars involved and medical expenses. The cost you pay for car insurance is called the premium. The insurance company provides you with an insurance card to keep in your car as proof of insurance.
Here are 12 free ways to save money when you buy car insurance
. Lower your insurance premium and put the cash back in your pocket, now and every year. Don't pay more than you have to.
- Buy only the minimum car insurance coverage
- Free car insurance discount if you cancel collision and comprehensive coverage
- Keep a good driving record for the free Good Driver Discount on car insurance
- Increase your deductible allowance for a free discount on your premium
- Shop for the best quote on car insurance premiums, and ask if you qualify for free discounts
- You get a free discount when you bundle your car insurance with other insurance policies
- You get a free discount on car insurance if you have a good credit score
- You get a free discount on car insurance if you drive a safe, inexpensive car
- You get a free low-mileage discount on car insurance if you drive less than 10,000 miles
- Get good grades in school for the free Good Grades Discount on car insurance
- Use the free Snapshot telematic device on your car for an insurance discount
- You get a free discount if you live in a neighborhood with less risk of accidents and theft
- You get a free car insurance discount if you are married
Here are more details about the 12 free discounts to save money when you buy car insurance.
Buy only the minimum insurance coverage required by your state. This minimum car insurance premium covers only your liability to others imvolved. But remember, if you are at fault in a collision, you could be sued for costs not covered by your insurance. The minimum insurance also does not cover damage to your own car. The free discount on your insurance premium may make it worthwhile.
Your insurance policy specifies three maximum payments:
If a state law requires you to have $15,000 for injury/death to one person, $30,000 for injury/death to more than one person, and $5,000 for damage to property, the insurance is designated as 15/30/5.
- how much will be paid for medical expenses for any one person,
- the total to be paid for medical expenses to all people
- and the total to be paid for property damage.
A good driving record is free. You can save money when you buy car insurance if you have a good driving record. A moving violation citation, like speeding and ignoring red lights, stays on your driving record. Most insurers allow you one moving violation every three to five years before they increase your car insurance premium. A car accident for which you were at fault can increase your car insurance by 20% to 30%.
You get a free discount when you cancel collision and comprehensive car insurance. Don't pay for collision coverage with your car insurance if you don't need it. Collision coverage pays for your car if it is damaged. Collision coverage is optional. You don't need collision coverage with your car insurance if the value of your car is low, or if you can afford to repair or replace your car after a collision. If you are paying on a car loan, or if you lease your car, the finance company may require that you carry collision coverage. Once the car loan is paid off, you can cancel your collision coverage.
You get a free discount if you cancel comprehensive coverage when you buy car insurance if you don't need it. Comprehensive car insurance covers cars damaged in other ways beside collisions. Comprehensive car insurance usually covers car damage from fire, theft, vandalism, weather, hail, hurricane and floods. Comprehensive car insurance is not required by law. You can save money by canceling the collision and comprehensive portion of your car insurance.
- It's like getting a free discount on car insurance premiums when you increase your deductible. The deductible amount is the money you will pay towards the cost of any repairs. For example if you carry a $200 deductible, and the car damages in a collision cost $500 to repair, you are responsible for paying $200 and your insurance company will pay $300. You can save money on car insurance by choosing a higher deductible amount. With a high deductible, you are assuming more of the risk of an accident if it should happen, but you save quite a lot of money on your car insurance.
- Get several free quotes when you buy car insurance from various Insurance companies, and ask if you qualify for any discounts. You'll be surprise how much money you can save, because each company has different insurance rates. The major companies for car insurance are Allstate, American Family Insurance, GEICO, Progressive, Safe Auto Insurance Company, and State Farm Insurance.
You can get a free discount and save money when you buy car insurance if you have a good credit score and pay your bills on time. Insurance companies review your credit report and take it into consideration when they quote your car insurance premium.
You get a free discount on car insurance if you drive a safe car. Some car models and makes are rated safer than others. Expensive cars cost more to repair, particularly sports cars and luxury cars. Insurance companies take the make and model of your car into consideration and give you a free discount on your car insurance, too.
You get a free discount when you bundle your car insurance with other insurance, like homeowners or apartment insurance. Using a single insurance company for all the policies you carry can add up to substantial savings.
Insurance companies offer a free car insurance discount if you drive less than 10,000 miles a year. People who are retired or work from home generally drive fewer miles that people who commute to work by car every day. You can also save money on your car insurance if you regularly use public transportation. Make sure you ask for this free low-mileage discount when you buy your car insurance.
Teenage drivers and drivers under age 25 pay a higher premium for car insurance. However, many insurers offer a free Good Grades Discount to students who do well in school. They also offer student discounts to college students who live away from home. You can save money on car insurance premiums if you drive an inexpensive car, or agree to avoid night driving and driving with other passengers.
You can save money on car insurance with the free Snapshot Good Driver device. Some insurance companies offer a unique safe driving discount on your car insurance. A telematic device attached to your car's OnBaord Diagnostic port records and transmits your speed, time of day and number of driving miles. The device, called Snapshot, does not transmit your actual location. Progressive Corp. uses Snapshot to give drivers a custom rate on their car insurance. Cars built after 1996 generally can accomodate the Snapshot device.
- You get a free discount when you buy car insurance depending on where you live.The cost of car insurance is based on where you live. Certain ZIP codes, usually high traffic areas, have more accidents and car thefts, which significantly affects your car insurance premium.
If you are married, you get a free discount when you buy car insurance. It's a fact that married people save more on car insurance, and women can save more than men, based on actuarial analysis of driving records. Statistics show that married drivers average fewer accidents than the rest of the population.
I wish you much success in life. I hope you have a very happy day.
Thanks for sharing! You make good things happen.
Simple, Easy, Free, How To Do It Articles - Health, Money,
Success, Investing, Business, Happiness,Technology, Music, Books, Biography,Celebrities