10 Safety Tips for Women and Families
They May Save Your Life
Live More Confidently
in a culture of fear and violence. Women, in particular, are often the target of violence. Daily news of assaults, attacks and rape makes us aware of the danger. We worry about our safety. We worry about protecting ourselves from attacks and overcoming our fearfulness.
These 10 safety tips
for women and families could keep you from being the next victim on the news. You will be safer when you know how the criminal targets the victim, distracts her or gains her confidence and exploits her desire to be helpful. You will be more confident if you know how to react quickly and effectively. These Safety Tips will help you protect yourself in the event of an attack. They will also help you calm your fears and live each day with more self-confidence, so that you are less likely to become the target of a criminal.
"If you have knowledge,
let others light their candles with it."
Abductions take place
during daytime as well as night. Here are things to do in an emergency situation. Share these tips with your mother, your children, your spouse and friends. Everyone should know.
After reading these ten
important Safety Tips for Women, forward them to someone you care about. It never hurts to be careful in this crazy world we live in. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure
Women CAN live
- Safety tip. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc., and just sit, doing their checkbook, or making a list. DON'T DO THIS! The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR, LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE.
- Safety Tip from Tae Kwon Do: The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do!
- Safety tip I learned from a tourist guide in New Orleans. If a robber asks for your wallet or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM. Toss it away from you. Chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!
- Safety tip. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won't see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives.
- Safety tip. Before you get into your car, especially in a parking lot or a parking garage, be aware. look around you, look into your car, at the passenger side floor, and in the back seat. Look at the car parked on the driver's side of your vehicle, and the passenger side. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out.
IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. And better paranoid than dead.
- Safety tip. If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the opposite side away from the van. Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars.
- Safety tip. ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs. Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot. This is especially true at NIGHT!
- Safety tip. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN! If you are a running target, the predator will only hit you 4 in 100 times; And even then, the bullet most likely WILL NOT strike a vital organ. RUN, Preferably in a zig-zag pattern!
- As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic and helpful. STOP. It may get you raped, or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked "for help" into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.
- Here's another strategy used by perpetrators. Someone just told me that her friend heard a crying baby on her porch the night before last, and she called the police because it was late and she thought it was weird. The police told her "Whatever you do, DO NOT open the door."
The lady then said that it sounded like the baby had crawled near a window, and she was worried that it would crawl to the street and get run over. The policeman said, "We already have a unit on the way, whatever you do, DO NOT open the door." He told her that they think a serial killer has a baby's cry recorded and uses it to coax women out of their homes thinking that someone dropped off a baby. He said they have not verified it, but have had several calls by women saying that they hear baby's cries outside their doors when they're home alone at night.
This should probably be taken seriously because the Crying Baby theory was mentioned on America's Most Wanted this past Saturday when they profiled the serial killer in Louisiana.
with more confidence and overcome our fears. We CAN stay safe if we make decisions about our safety based on what we KNOW, not what we fear.
I'd like you to forward
this page link to all the women you know. It may save a life. A candle is not dimmed by lighting another candle. Not only the ladies can use this information. You guys, if you are concerned about your mother, wife, sister, daughter and family, you may want to pass it on to them, as well.
Send this to any woman you know who may need to be reminded to practice safety first. It's better to be safe than sorry.
I hope life brings you much success. I wish you a very happy day.
----- Surfer Sam
Thanks for sharing!
You make good things happen.
Free and Easy
How To Do It Articles - Health, Money,
Success, Investing, Business, Happiness,Technology, Music, Books, Biography,Celebrities