The Apple iPad Computer. What iPad can do for you
Internet, Video, Photos, Email, Games, Ebooks, Software Apps, Touchscreen, Models, Accessories
The new iPad from Apple is an exciting tablet computer. You can use the iPad to browse the Internet, answer email, store and enjoy your photos, read books and magazines, play games, watch videos, and listen to your music. People love its convenience and go-anywhere mobility. It weights only 1.5 pounds. The touchscreen, a bright high-resolution, full-color display, and a zillion software apps broaden its usefulness and your enjoyment. There's lots of power and a long-life battery. Plus the iPad design is sleek and cool, too. It surprises and delights us, a real game-changer.
Apple IPad Tablet Computer
- What is the iPad Touchscreen Like
- How Do I Type Data on the iPad
- How Long Does the iPad Battery Last
- Can I Listen to Music on the iPad
- Which iPad Model Should I Buy
- What iPad Accessories Do I Need
- How Does the iPad Connect to the Internet
- Can I Make Phone Calls with the Apple iPad
- What Software Comes with the Apple iPad
- What Software Apps Does the iPad Need
- How Do I Read Ebooks on the iPad
- Will the iPad Replace My Laptop Computer
What is the iPad Touchscreen Like
What Is the iPad touchscreen like? The iPad screen is big at 9.7 inches on the diagonal. If you've ever used a touchscreen, you'll appreciate the responsiveness of the iPad screen compared to a mouse or other touchscreens. Tap the screen with a finger to select a link, zoom into the display with a pinching motion of your fingers, turn the page with a swipe of your finger across the display. It's intuitive, easy, and a real time-saver. Screen resolution is 1024 by 768 pixels, probably the same resolution you use on your computer monitor. But with 132 pixels per inch, the display is lots clearer and easy to read. The screen switches from portrait to landscape mode when you turn the iPad sideways.
IPad Computer Touchscreen
How Do I Type Data on the iPad
How do I type data on the iPad? The iPad has a virtual keyboard, almost full-size, that pops up when you tap the screen in an area that accepts input. There's auto-correction to fix your typos, spell-checking, and custom features to make typing easier. But if you need a keyboard for lots of data entry, you'll want to purchase the separate wireless Bluetooth keyboard, because the iPad comes ready for Bluetooth. Apple also offers the keyboard dock, with a full-size keyboard and a charging dock to hold the iPad upright and recharge it.
Using the IPad Virtual Keyboard
How Long Does the iPad Battery Last
How long does the IPad battery last? Apple says you'll get up to 10 hours of video, 140 hours of audio playback, or one month on standby. So you can usually count on the battery lasting all day without a recharge. The iPad uses a lithium-ion polymer battery, LiPo, rechargeable but not user-replaceable. Your iPad comes with a USB cable and a USB 10 W power adapter to recharge the battery using a wall outlet for about 2 hours. The USB ports of most PCs and Macs do not have enough juice to recharge your iPad quickly. When the time comes that the iPad battery will no longer hold a charge, Apple will replace it for $99.
IPad Keyboard Dock
Can I Listen to Music on the iPad
Can I listen to music on the IPad? Yes, you can. The iPad has two internal speakers that send mono sound through two small sealed channels to the three audio ports in the bottom. A volume switch is on the right side of the unit. There is also a jack with a 3.5-mm TRS connector that provides stereo sound for headphones and headphones with microphones. The iPad also contains a microphone that can be used for voice recording.
To listen to music, click on the iPod icon to use the Ipad's built-in iPod app. To get your music, you must download it from the Apple iTunes store or sync it from your computer.
Game Apps on the Ipad Computer
Which iPad Model Should I Buy
Which iPad model should I buy? The iPad was released with three options for internal storage size: a 16, 32, or 64 GB flash drive. All data is stored on the flash drive and there is no option to expand storage. There is also a Wi-Fi + 3G model, the 3G iPad that can connect to the Internet through AT&T or any GSM carrier. Alll models come with Wi-Fi capability. The iPad is available online at The Apple Store, at retail Apple locations, and at Amazon, Wal-Mart and Best Buy.
Exercising with the IPad Computer
What iPad Accessories Do I Need
What iPad accessories do I need? The iPad does not come with its own headphones or earbuds, but there is a jack on the edge that accepts a standard 3.5-mm stereo miniplug. You can use your earbuds from your iPod if you wish. Bluetooth headphones that are A2DP play back music in stereo. The iPad has a menu setting to turn on its Bluetooth chip.
The iPad comes out of the box with a USB cable to connect the iPad to your computer. You'll need this to fill your iPad with music, books and videos from your iTunes library on your computer.
If you have the right AV cable your iPad can play videos on your television set as well.
You may also want a stand for the iPad, a keyboard and a Bluetooth mouse.
Do you want to connect your camera to the iPad? Apple sells a camera connection kit with an SD card reader, but it can only be used to transfer photos and videos, not to take pictures. You can't use the iPad to take pictures, or as a web cam.
How Does the iPad Connect to the Internet
How does the iPad connect to the Internet? To connect to the Internet, the iPad comes with a built-in Wi-Fi data connection that works right out of the box. You'll need your own Wi-Fi network at home, or you can use any Wi-Fi hot spot in the office, on campus, or at the coffee shop. Wi-Fi is usually your fastest connection. But you have another alternative besides Wi-Fi. You can also buy the iPad model that comes with a built-in 3G wireless data connection. It uses the AT&T nationwide 3G network, so you'll have to get one of the AT&T 3G data plans, but there is no contract to sign, and you can cancel anytime. Check the AT&T map to see if you can get 3G coverage where you are. The 3G network is useful on car trips, and other places where you don't have Wi-Fi. A third option for Internet connectivity with the iPad is a mobile broadband hot spot device, which gives you a Wi-Fi network wherever you go. For this, an additional hardware device is required, like Novatel's MiFi or the Overdrive from Sierra Wireless. They can provide Internet connectivity for many computers at the same time. Verizon or Sprint offer coverage plans for this.
Need for Speed IPad Game
Can I Make Phone Calls with the Apple iPad
Can I make phone calls with the Apple iPad? The iPad is not a cell phone. You'll still need your iPhone for calling. But the iPad comes with a built-in speaker and microphone that will work with your wired headset. So you can use Skype with iPad to make VoIP calls from your computer to a computer or a regular phone. The acronym VoIP stands for Voice over Internet Protocol. Skype is a free app in the Apple App Store.
Barnes and Noble App on IPad
What Software Comes with the Apple iPad
What software comes with the Apple iPad? The iPad comes with the web browser Safari already installed. There are a number of software apps built into the iPad, including a dedicated Mail app. You also get Calendar, Contacts and Notes apps. On your Home screen you'll see icons linking to the built-in apps for Videos, YouTube, Photos, Maps and iPod . The iPad also makes a marvelous electronic digital picture frame for your photo collections.
What Software Apps Does the iPad Need
What software apps does the iPad need? Apps are software, custom designed for the iPad.
Reading an Ebook on the IPad
You know how Apple ads say, "There's an app for that." There are at least 25,000 other iPad apps in the App Store, with more coming every day, both free and paid. The average price of paid apps is $5.71, but price depends upon what the app can do for you. Apple relies on a strong lineup of apps in the App Store to enhance the value of its products.
- Apple iTunes is the first thing you need from the App Store. Apple's iTunes is a free download for your computer that helps you copy music, videos, and photos from your PC or your Mac computer to the iPad. iTunes will also copy your web bookmarks to the iPad.
- Download the iBooks app so that you can read eBooks on your iPad.
- The iPad productivity suite of apps called "iWork" includes simplified versions of Pages for word processing, Numbers for spreadsheets and Keynote for presentations. These apps are compatible with your files from Microsoft Office. The iWork apps can be downloaded for $9.99 each. You will need these apps along with a keyboard for serious office work.
- The iPad uses the same operating systems as the earlier iPod Touch and iPhone, iOS 3.2.2 and iOS 4.2. It can run its own applications as well as your iPhone apps.
How Do I Read Ebooks on the iPad
How do I read ebooks on the iPad? The bright full-color, high-resolution iPad screen is ideal as an ebook reader. Apple calls its eBooks iBooks, and uses the ePub format for digital books. Download the free iBooks app from the iTunes App Store online, which includes the free iBook Winnie-the-Pooh. Then head to the Apple iBookstore online to fill your bookshelf. The iBookstore has thousands of free titles, plus best sellers, fiction, non-fiction and comic books. You can also get free ebooks in the ePub format from Project Gutenberg at www.gutenberg.org. With the free Amazon Kindle app in the Apple App Store, you can buy and read eBooks from Amazon, too. Major newspapers and magazines have also created iPad apps so you can read them on the iPad.
Bookshelves on IPad Computer
Will the iPad Replace My Laptop Computer
Will the iPad replace my laptop computer? The iPad is lighter, brighter and easier to use than any laptop. But every device has limitations and the iPad is no exception. Here are a few of the drawbacks of the iPad.
- Your laptop might have more space on its hard drive than the iPad does. There is no option to expand the size of the iPad drive.
- For wired connectivity, the iPad has a dock connector, but it doesn't have the Ethernet and USB ports of larger computers.
- The iPad does not support a camera or a printer, although these features may be included later.
- The built-in Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR interface cannot transfer files for you.
- Like other Apple devices, the iPad is a closed system. You cannot buy software anywhere else and expect it to run on the iPad. It will only run programs approved by Apple and distributed through its online store.
- The iPad is most useful to display content. You might think of it as a distribution channel, or a multimedia device, rather than a computer. You can't use the iPad for intensive work like your computer programming projects and web development.
- The iPad supports DRM, digital-rights management code that blocks you from making copies of copyrighted material.
- To put videos on your iPad, you must download them from the Apple Store, sync them from your computer to your iPad, or buy the camera connector accessory.
- The iPad does not support Flash, and thus can't show videos, games or animated ads that use Flash. Apple has decided to support the H.264 format instead of Flash. Millions of YouTube videos have been reformatted in H.264 and will play on the iPad. But there are other websites that haven't converted their Flash videos. An app called iSwifter makes it possible to play Flash games on the iPad through a remote streaming connection.
I hope life brings you much success.
I wish you a very happy day.
Return to the complete index of new blogs.
Thanks for sharing!
You make good things happen.
Free and Easy
How To Do It Articles - Health, Money,
Success, Investing, Business, Happiness,Technology, Music, Books, Biography,Celebrities
Free and Easy
The 8 Best Funny Valentine Pictures. Do you believe in love?
Unblock and discover your creativity.
Football Jokes and Quotes Part 1. Great players and fans score some winning jokes. You're a great football fan if your children are named Ditka, Heisman and O.J.
Your Free Horoscope for Today Is Ready with love, career, money, friends, life.
Should I Start My Own Business? The Entrepreneur's Quiz. Do you have what it takes
Step by Step Guide to Meditation while you relax and feel better
Identity Theft Find Out How Crooks Steal Your Identity
19 Things to Look for When You Buy a Digital Camera. Get picture-perfect snaps.
20 Study Tips So You Can Get Good Grades in College
How to Become an RN Registered Nurse with money, jobs and a signing bonus
12 Magic Ideas for Your New Internet Business. How you can use the Internet to make money and change your life.
Inspiring, thoughtful, good quotes about life. All new wit and wisdom from J.K. Rowling, Oscar Wilde, Plato and Proust.