69 Great Quotes About Leadership, Sayings and Quotations. How Leaders Motivate People
Being a leader is like herding cats. But you can learn from other successful leaders how to motivate and inspire people. Distilled from Sam's humongous collection of quotations, these timely and timeless quotes are for people who want to study motivation and leadership. Great leaders are not born. They are developed over time and, like cream, rise to the top. A leader reaffirms the goals, coaches his people, plans for change, and delivers results. Study the quotes of great leaders to help you become the leader you were meant to be. For further development of same subject, this is an excellent article, How to Be a Good Manager, Skills to Manage People at Work
While business is a game of numbers, real achievement is measured in infinite emotional wealths: friendship, usefulness, helping, learning, or, said another way, the one who dies with the most joys wins. ~ Dale Dauten
- Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it. ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Discipline is remembering what you want. David Campbell, founder, Saks Fifth Avenue
- Don't tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results. ~ George S. Patton
- Shallow people believe in luck. Wise and strong people believe in cause and effect. ~ Ralph Waldo Emergon
- Two things are bad for the heart - running uphill and running down people. ~ Bernard Gimbel
- Management is doing things right. Leadership is doing the right things. ~ Peter Drucker
- The failure to give appropriate and timely feedback is the most extreme cruelty that we can inflict on any human being. ~ Charles Coonradt, management consultant
I not only use all the brains I have, but all I can borrow. ~ Woodrow Wilson
- Every organization must be prepared to abandon everything it does to survive in the future. ~ Peter Drucker. Change is the new mantra of leadership.
- Those who follow the part of themselves that is great will become great. Those that follow the part that is small will become small. ~ Mencius
- You can't change people. You must be the change you wish to see in people ~ Gandhi
- Great men are they who see that thought is stronger than any material force, that thoughts rule the world. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Question: How many legs does a dog have if you count the tail as a leg? Answer: Four; calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. ~ Abraham Lincoln. Good leaders tell the truth.
- Stress, in addition to being itself and the result of itself, is also the cause of itself. ~ Hans Selye, psychologist
- There is no such thing as constructive criticism. ~ Dale Carnegie
- Wise leaders and high achievers come to understand that they can't hope to eliminate problems... and wouldn't want to. ~ Dale Dauten If you become a firefighter, the fire controls you. You don't lead and motivate anymore.
- People cannot be managed. Inventories can be managed, but people must be led. ~ H. Ross Perot Leadership is a skill that can be learned at any age. You aren't necessarily born with it.
- Those that are the most slow in making a promise are the most faithful in the performance of it. ~ Jean-Jacques Rousseau Leadership is not about managing people. It's about managing agreements between people.
- A leader has to be able to change an organization that is dreamless, soulless and visionless. Someone's got to make a wake up call. ~ Warren Bennis. The call to action motivates your people.
- Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes... but no plans. ~ Peter Drucker. Coach for results and focus on producers.
- Although some people think that life is a battle, it is actually a game of giving and receiving. ~ Flornece Scovill Shinn, philosopher. To motivate people, make getting results into a game. Games are fun.
- There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all. ~ Peter Drucker
- Outstanding leaders go out of the way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it's amazing what they can accomplish. ~ Sam Walton. Acknowledge their strengths and appreciate what they bring to the job.
- To command is to serve, nothing more, and nothing less. ~ Andre Malraux, French philosopher
- Learning to be a leader is the same process as learning to be an integrated and healthy person. ~ Warren Bennis
- The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good people to do what he wants done, and self-restraint to keep from meddling with them while they do it. ~ Theodore Roosevelt
- One measure of leadership is the caliber of people who choose to follow you. ~ Dennis A. Peer, management consultant
- Leaders don't create followers, they create more leaders. ~ Tom Peters
- If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader. ~ John Quincy Adams
- The older I get the more wisdom I find in the ancient rule of taking first things first. A process which often reduces the most complex human problem to a manageable proportion. ~ Dwight D. Eisenhower
- I never gave them hell. I just tell the truth and they think it's hell. ~ Harry Truman
Leaders are candid and forthcoming with their people.
- The best way out is always through. ~ Robert Frost If you have more to do than there is time in a day, the simplest way to go forward is to do the worse first.
- Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make, the better. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Drowning in data, yet starved of information. ~ Ruth Stanat, global business consultant
- Performance is your reality. Forget everything else. ~ Harold Geneen, CEO, ITT The numbers are the score for this game. Know the numbers and work from them.
- Show me a man who cannot bother to do little things and I'll show you a man who cannot be trust to do big things. ~ Lawrence D. Bell, founder, Bell Aircraft
- People can be divided into two classes: those who go ahead and do something, and those who sit still and enquire, why wasn't it done the other way? ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes You motivate by doing.
- Those few who use their strengths to incorporate their weaknesses, who don't divide themselves, those people are very rare. In any generation there are a few and they lead their generation. ~ Moshe Feldenkrais, Psychologist Don't try so hard to fix what's wrong, Build on your strengths.
- I am more afraid of an army of 100 sheep led by a lion than any army of 100 lions led by a sheep. ~ Talleyrand
- The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. ~ Max DePree, business consultant. Your thoughts become your reality. If you think your job is a nightmare, that's your reality. If you think your job is an adventure, that's your reality.
- The first duty of a leader is optimism. How does your subordinate feel after meeting with you? Does he feel uplifted? If not, you are not a leader. ~ Field Marshall Montgomery
- As we look ahead into the next centurey, leaders will be those who empower others. ~ Bill Gates
- There is only one boss: the customer. ~ Sam Walton
- It's so hard when contemplated in advance, and so easy when you do it. ~ Robert Pirsig, author
- Man must not allow the clock and the calendar to blind him to the fact that each moment of his life is a miracle and a mysters. ~ H.G. Wells. Learn to use 10 minutes well. Don't kill time.
- Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishments. ~ Jim Rohn
- Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. ! William James. Coach your people to complete their tasks.
- We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give. ~ Winston Churchill. A positive leader with positive thoughts adds something to every person he meets.
- To decide to be at the level of choice is to take responsibility for your ife and to be in control of your life. ! Arbie M. Dale
- A frightened captain makes a frightened crew. ~~ Lister Sinclair
- Nothing great was ever created without enthusiasm. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson. Your professional cool and reserve won't make things happen. But to get the team motivated act enthusiastic.
- The first law of success is concentration, to bend all the energies to one point, and to go directly to that point, looking neither to the right, nor to the left. ~ William mathews
- Becoming a leader is synonymous with becoming yourself. It is precisely that simple, and it is also that difficult. ~ Warren Bennis
- I must follow the people. Am I not their leader? ~ Benjamin Disraeli
- I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. ~ Confucius. Show them how to do it, coach. Take the bat into your own hands and hit a few out of the ballpark.
- Always think of what you have to do as easy and it will be. ~ Emile Coue. As we said once before on this page, your thoughts create your reality.
- The best way to have a good idea is to have lots of ideas. ~ Linus Pauling, Nobel Prize scientist. Listen for new ideas wherever you go.
- Leaders grow; they are not made. ~ Peter Drucker. Learn from the people who have motivated you, and be like them.
- The great leaders are like the best conductors: they reach beyond the notes to reach the magic in the players. ~ Blaine Lee. Control is not leadership and management is not leadership. Tyranny is not leadership.
- I have more fun and enjoy more financial success when I stop trying to get what I want and start helping other people get what they want. ~ Spender Johnson. Listen to your people and hear them out. People are highly motivated by listeners who "get" them.
- Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~ Vincent Van Gogh
- When I'm getting ready to persuade a person, I spend one-third of the time thinking about myself, what I'm going to say, and two-thirds of the time thinking about him and what he is going to say. ~ Abraham Lincoln
- The best way to predict the future is to create it. ~ Peter Drucker
- If you don't think about the future you won't have one. ~ Henry Ford.
- I have always said that if I were a rich man I'd hire a professional praiser. ~ Sir Osbert Sitwell. Build a culture of recognition and approbation where you are.
- Ninety-nine percent of failures come from people who have a habit of making excuses. ~ George Washington Carver. Take responsibility. Recognize your obligations. Don't pass the buck.
- A teacher affects eternity. He can never tell where his influence stops. ~ Henry B. Adams
- The reason most major goals are not achieved is that we spend our time doing second things first. ~ Robert J. McKain
I hope life brings you much success.
I wish you a very happy day.
Return to the complete index of good famous quotes.
Return to the complete index of new blogs.
Thanks for sharing!
You make good things happen.
Free and Easy
How To Do It Articles - Health, Money,
Success, Investing, Business, Happiness,Technology, Music, Books, Biography,Celebrities
Free and Easy
The 8 Best Funny Valentine Pictures. Do you believe in love?
Unblock and discover your creativity.
Football Jokes and Quotes Part 1. Great players and fans score some winning jokes. You're a great football fan if your children are named Ditka, Heisman and O.J.
Your Free Horoscope for Today Is Ready with love, career, money, friends, life.
Should I Start My Own Business? The Entrepreneur's Quiz. Do you have what it takes
Step by Step Guide to Meditation while you relax and feel better
Identity Theft Find Out How Crooks Steal Your Identity
19 Things to Look for When You Buy a Digital Camera. Get picture-perfect snaps.
20 Study Tips So You Can Get Good Grades in College
How to Become an RN Registered Nurse with money, jobs and a signing bonus
12 Magic Ideas for Your New Internet Business. How you can use the Internet to make money and change your life.
Inspiring, thoughtful, good quotes about life. All new wit and wisdom from J.K. Rowling, Oscar Wilde, Plato and Proust.